Monday, January 29, 2007

Chede Dao

This has been till date the most interesting piece that i have ever read. Never imagined people doing that to Robindra Da. Sick, funny & hilarious to imagine.

Beethoven’s contemporary, Goethe, is reported to have said, famously, "more light" as he lay dying: these words created a lasting impression, to the extent that Rabindranath Tagore wrote to his niece Indira, "How I cherish light and space! Goethe on his death-bed wanted ‘more light’. If I am capable of expressing my desire then, it will be for ‘more light and more space’." (11) Indeed, it is Tagore’s "space" that, in his final moments, was being violated by his admirers: as they tugged at the poet’s beard, so that each might get a specimen of the great man’s hair, Tagore is described as imploring and admonishing them with the words, "Chede dao, Chede dao", "Leave me alone! Leave me alone!"
source: http://www.sscnet.ucla.edu/southasia/History/Gandhi/HeRam_gandhi.html

No comments: